The Levite Jewish Community Center prides itself on being a welcoming facility to people of all faiths, ages, and backgrounds. We are a family-oriented recreational and educational facility that is open to the entire community. As a United Way nonprofit agency, we impact more than 140,000 residents of the Birmingham community annually.
The LJCC is home to an 8000 sq. ft fitness center that includes the latest Life Fitness and Cybex cross-training machines. We also offer over 40 group fitness classes a week, personal training, a five-mile hiking and biking trail, and a large outdoor pool with a baby pool. Alongside our fitness offerings, there’s also our well-respected early childhood program, summer and year-round camps, and a wide range of other activities and programs. Everything from Jewish programming to aquatics classes are available at our beautiful facility, conveniently located on 70 wooded acres off Montclair Road.
The mission of the Levite Jewish Community Center is to enhance Jewish identity by providing programs and activities that promote cultural enrichment, cultivate educational development and provide for the well-being of its members.
Through the lens of Jewish identity and values, the Levite Jewish Community Center provides a welcoming, family-oriented gathering place for a diverse membership to engage in meaningful experiences of the mind, body and soul.
- We cultivate memorable life experiences and meaningful relationships
- We pursue collaboration within the Jewish and broader communities
- We empower individuals to learn and understand Jewish values
- We provide a welcoming and open environment
- We embrace and celebrate diversity
- We encourage wellness of the mind, body and soul
- We connect our community to the people of the State of Israel