Being part of the JCC Summer Day Camp staff is a unique and rewarding experience. Teachers, college students, and high school students all have a place on our staff. Camp staff members and CITs report directly to the Camp Director. Salary is based on experience and seniority.
- Develop and implement daily camp activities
- Responsibility for knowing and tending to each camper’s special needs
- Engaging in specialist activities, actively participate in free swim sessions, and aid lifeguards to ensure pool safety
- Ability to ensure safety at all times
- Maintenance of accurate attendance logs, etc.
- Ability to set a positive example for peers and younger staff members
Counselor In Training (CIT) Program
As a Counselor-In-Training, your child will learn how to:
- Work with Senior Counselor to implement activities for campers.
- Assist Camp Director by taking on camp chores including but not limited to lunch and afternoon snack.
- Assist counselors and specialists in management of camper groups.
- Work one-on-one with campers who need extra attention from time to time.
All while being trained in specific leadership and teamwork applications under a CIT specialist.
Specialist 18 years old or older by June 1, 2023
Senior Counselor 18 years old or older by June 1, 2023
Junior Counselor Rising 11th grade
Counselor in Training Rising 8th and 9th grade
Think you have what it takes?
If you would like to be considered for a position as a counselor or specialist, please complete the Counselor Application.