Welcome to the LJCC Barracudas Summer Swim and Dive Club! We look forward to this summer’s competitions against local pool clubs around the Birmingham area.
Pick up team suits at Over the Mountain Sporting Goods in Crestline, where you will be sized for the best fit.
Swim competition provides an opportunity to test yourself against yourself, meaning you have a chance to race the clock and see how you have improved. Each time you race is a chance to see if your time spent at practice and working on your abilities in the pool is progressing.
Dive competition allows for you to demonstrate the skills learned during practice. While you may not be racing against a clock, at each meet you get an overall calculated score. The more difficult the dive (measured as degree of difficulty, or DD), the higher the score. The higher the DD and skills you learn in practice, the more you are able to grow as a diver. You’ll see how well you are doing as your score begins to rise at each meet.
Competing against anyone is a test. We must always do our best to prepare and focus on the things we can control. You cannot control the temperature of the pool, the weather, the timer, the officials, or any equipment at the meet. You can only control what you do in the pool and your attitude. Stay focused on what you can control, and you will be successful in the pool.
The LJCC Swim and Dive Club has the responsibility to train staff, volunteers, and participants to model and promote appropriate values through sport, and to create an environment conducive to character development and safety.
Thank you for choosing the LJCC. We look forward to having your swimmer on the team.
- Morning sessions on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays: 7-9 a.m.
- Afternoon sessions on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays: 3-5 p.m.
Six dual and tri meets (regular season) will take place on Tuesdays:
- June 6, 13, 20 (home meet: pool closed 2:30 p.m.-close), 27
- July 11, 18 (home meet: pool closed 2:30 p.m.-close)
- Morning sessions on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays: 9:30-11 a.m.
- Afternoon sessions on Mondays and Wednesdays: 5-6:30 p.m.
- June 14: CCB at LJCC, 5 p.m. (pool open, but diving well closed)
- June 22: LJCC at VSA, 6 p.m.
- June 29: LJCC at SCDT, 5 p.m.
- July 12: LJCC at PTCC, 5 p.m. (pool open, but diving well closed)
- July 19: MCD at LJCC, 5 p.m
- June 10: Alabama State Games
- July 22: Magic City Invitational (optional)
- July 26: County Championship