Last week the LJCC Barracudas Swimming and Diving clubs each saw some great performances from their members at their respective county-wide Jefferson Shelby Swim Council meets.
“Our swimmers had a great season,” says Coach Billy Greene, who enjoyed his first summer season at The J. “The kids stayed disciplined and made the most out of their time in the water.”
- Elliott Williams had a great day in the water and took seventh overall in the boys age 13-14 freestyle.
- Karleigh Watts swam to fifth overall in freestyle, and took seventh place in the backstroke for 15-18 girls.
“Our divers did exceptionally well at the county meet,” says longtime Coach Kirsten “K” Thomas. To qualify, divers must have participated in at least two dual meets during the summer. “It was an awesome team effort.”
- Lilly Thursby won first place overall with dives off both the high and low boards.
- Conrad Miller won fifth overall on both the high and low boards in the boys 6-7 age group.
- Ezra Richardson won second place on high board, and third place on the low board. He was in the 12-13 boys age group — “one of the most competitive age groups in the county,” says Coach K. “The competition he went up against was the best I’ve seen in 10 years for this age group.”
- Competing as a first-year diver in the girls 10-11 age group (one of the largest groups in the county), Paisley Moss earned fifth place on both the high and low boards.