In addition to some 50 item packages that J’la attendees will be able to bid on during the silent auction, the following items will be available for dynamic and competitive in-person bidding during the live auction*.
The J’la Live Auction includes:
- Tuscan ‘Royal Culinary’ Adventure
- Exclusive LJCC Board ‘Wine Cellar’ Collection
- Beach House Getaway
- Bluegrass and BBQ Pool Party
- Birmingham Premier Dining Package
- One Full Jam-Packed Year at The J
- The Bourbon Barrel selection of hard-to-find bottles
Scroll for details…
Tuscan ‘Royal Culinary’ Adventure
- Five-night stay for six people at a luxurious and carefully curated three-bedroom, three-bathroom home situated in the heart of Cortona, Italy.
- Enjoy an authentic Tuscan multi-course dinner prepared for six in the comfort of your Cortona home by one of our talented Cortonese chefs, accompanied by a selection of carefully selected regional wines.
- Sample world-famous Tuscan wines accompanied by delicious antipasto bites at an intimate family-run wine cellar in central Cortona.
- Expert trip planning assistance and local Cortona concierge service will assist guests in planning additional tours, experiences, and other aspects of their stay.
- Airfare not included
Exclusive LJCC Board ‘Wine Cellar’ Collection as curated by the experts at International Wines & Craft Beer
‘This is a crazy good lot for an auction!’
A collection of LJCC Board members’ favorite wines, as selected with help from the experts at International Wines & Craft Beer. The list includes the likes of Aston Estate Pinot Noir ‘18, Los Arraez Parcela O ‘17, Gouges Nuits-St-Georges 1er Cru Les Vaucrains ‘19, and Route Stock Cabernet Sauvignon “Route 29” (Napa) ‘21.
- Aston Estate Pinot Noir ‘18: “A feast for the senses, with notes of star anise, moss, dark bramble fruit, and cedar bark.Possessing incredible depth, structural integrity, fruit character and a bright acidity, this wine will evolve over time in the glass, in a decanter or in the cellar for years to come.
- Aston Pinot Noir Sonoma Coast ‘20: “Exotic aromas of bay leaf, macerated bramble fruit, blood orange and cedar bough emerge from the glass in concert. There is so much generosity and complexity to this wine, only time will tell what great notions will come to light in the bottle.”
- Domaine Jean-Marc Boillot Beaune Rouge 1er Cru Epenottes ‘19
- Gouges Nuits-St-Georges 1er Cru Les Pruliers ‘20: ““It should have no trouble amply repaying 12 to 15 years of bottle aging.”
- Gouges Nuits-St-Georges 1er Cru Les Vaucrains ‘19: “A bouquet of dried cherry and cranberry laced with traces of leather, earth, and eucalyptus. Light-bodied and clean on the palate with juicy, cherry-flavored fruit; the tannins are soft and subtle leading to a moderately long finish.”
- Los Arraez Parcela O (Garnacha/Monestrell) ‘17: “This combination of local grape varieties gives a complex nose, in which red fruit appears and gives way to balsamic notes which remind one of Mediterranean forests and truffles, all this combined with a slightly toasted aroma and clear mineral notes.”
- Michel Chablis 1er Cru Forets ‘21: “Louis Michel’s Les Forêts comes from a site where the bedrock of limestone lies very close to the surface. Notes of gun-flint are much more evident, with a touch of smoky, reductive characters. On the palate there are lime/lemon zest flavours. A very complex, interesting and appealing premier cru with no shortage of density, and one which will age very well.”
- Michel Chablis 1er Cru Montee De Tonnerre ‘21: “Certainly the most prestigious and sought-after of the Chablis Premier Crus. Louis Michel & Fils produces grapes on an entire slope in this location, creating powerful wines that are both complex and balanced.”
- Michel Chablis 1er Cru Montmain ‘21: “A generous, fruit driven style of Montmains with an appealing combination of stone fruit ripeness and crisp acidity to keep everything fresh and precise. A classy Montmains which will be accessible relatively early.”
- Michel Chablis 1er Cru Vaillons ‘21: “Vaillons is the most ‘chablis-y’ of all the crus. It has some nice orchard fruit, but also lots of minerals.”
- Ridge Estates Cabernet Sauvignon (Monte Bello Vineyard) ‘20: “Inky purple hues with dark plum, black cherry, cedar, cola and sweet toasted oak on the nose. A full-bodied entry with black berry, cocoa powder, brown spices and peppermint on the palate. Layered textures and focused tannins lead to a long finish.”
- Ridge Geyserville (zinfandel/carignan/petite sirah), Alexander Valley) ‘21: “Ruby-garnet in color with aromas of dark plum, black cherry, baking spices, cola, wet gravel, toasted oak, violets, and lavender. A full-bodied entry with bold and dark fruit leads to a layered and complex mid-palate with fine-grained tannins. Natural acidity balances the wine, creating a long juicy finish.”
- Ridge Lytton Springs (zinfandel/carignan/petite sirah) Dry Creek Valley ‘20: “”This has lots of horizontal tannins that provide fine muscle and form. It’s medium- to full-bodied with freshness and brightness. Red berries, crushed cloves and other spices. Grapey, for a better word. Sophisticated.”
- Route Stock Cabernet Sauvignon “Route 29” (Napa) ‘21: “The aromas of this wine are very classic Napa Valley, seducing you with notes of blackberry, bay laurel, cocoa and dusty plum. The palate is expansive throughout with mouth-watering flavors of black plum, mushroom, chocolate and savory hints of bay leaf.”
- Route Stock Chardonnay “Route 121” (Carneros) ‘22: “Delicious pure Chardonnay. Little to no oak in the European style. Stone and tropical fruits with a slightly creamy under layer. Drinks beautifully and accompanying a variety of foods.”
- Route Stock Pinot Noir “Route 116w” (Sonoma) ‘21
Beach House Getaway
Get away for a fabulous week at The Beach House — a two-bedroom, two-bath beachfront condo that sleeps six in Miramar Beach, Florida. You’ll have pool and tennis access when not dipping your toes in the surf. Based on availability; not available Labor Day week, Memorial Day week, or July 2-9. Offer expires August 31, 2024.
Bluegrass, Brews, and BBQ Private Pool Party at The J
Treat 40 family members, neighbors, and friends to a party you’ll never forget — at The J’s convenient and comfortable outdoor pool.
Birmingham Premier Dining Package
The most popular auction item at J’la 2022!
Tour seven of B’ham’s most revered culinary hotspots:
- Dinner for six with chef’s choice of wine at Gianmarco’s
- Dinner for four at Blueprint on 3rd (alcohol not included)
- In-home dinner for six by Southern Graze/Maureen Holt (caterer for The J’la and former owner of Little Savannah)
- Automatic Seafood $250 gift card
- Dinner for 4 at Chez Fonfon (excluding alcohol and gratuity; not valid for New Year’s or Valentine’s Day)
- Bocca $200 gift card
- Dinner for four plus a bottle of house rum at Cayo Coco
- Dinner for four at SpringHouse (Alexander City)
One Full Jam-Packed Year at The J: $7,000+ value
You won’t believe what you’re getting with this package:
- One private party at the outdoor pool in summer 2024 (subject to availability)
- A one-year family membership
- One one-hour monthly massage (total of 12)
- One 45-minute personal training session per month (total of 12)
- A 20 percent discount off one child’s enrollment at the Cohn Early Childhood Learning Center
- A 20 percent discount off one child’s enrollment at the summer-long Camp LJCC
- Four VIP tickets to the 2024 Jewish Food and Culture Fest
- Four registrations for the 2023 Sam Lapidus Montclair Run
- Two tickets to the 2024 J’la Gala (full circle!)
The Bourbon Barrel
Enjoy great bourbon for days with this selection of hard-to-find bottles, including:
- Basil Hayden’s
- Eagle Rare
- Blanton’s Original Single-Barrel
- Buffalo Trace
- Woodford Reserve Galley and Garden Select
- Jefferson’s Ocean “Aged at Sea”
- Four Roses Small Batch Select
- Michter’s Small Batch
*Auction managed by CKing Benefit Auctions.