We are currently looking at a number of options to fix the indoor pool. Right now our best-case scenario is that we get the pump motor repaired, and then in the meantime we’ll work on finding a permanent replacement.
While we cannot control the timeline for the pool repairs, we can do our best to respond to those who are most inconvenienced by the pool closure. We have worked diligently to address these disruptions in the following ways:
- Regular updates to members.
- A refund of December and January membership dues to our committed lap swimmers (many of whom show up when we open at 5 a.m.).
- Significant compensation for our contracted swim instructors, some of whom are facing a major loss of income during the holiday season.
- Implementing our reciprocal agreement for all of our members to access the pool at the University of Alabama at Birmingham (holiday hours are Dec. 18-22, 6-8:30 a.m. and 1-6 p.m.; Dec. 27-29, 6-11 a.m. and 1-6 p.m.)
- Immediate collaboration with pool companies and our insurance company to address the repair as quickly as possible.
In the meantime, please reach out to a staff member if you have specific needs we can address during this time.