Financial assistance at the LJCC
The Levite Jewish Community Center is a nonprofit organization that serves community members regardless of age, race, ethnicity, religion, or gender. While we depend on membership dues and program fees to help maintain our services, we are committed to serving people regardless of income level. Fee reductions are available on a case-by-case basis depending on your application and LJCC financial resources.
If you are interested in applying for a reduction in fees for your LJCC membership, enrollment at the Cohn Early Childhood Learning Center, or enrollment in Camp LJCC, please complete the application below and supplement it with proper income documentation (plus whatever other documents we specify that might apply to you).
Contact the LJCC if you need help completing the Financial Assistance Application.
How to apply
- Complete the membership application and financial assistance form (below).
- Submit a letter of explanation about how an LJCC membership or program will positively affect you and your family.
- Submit copies of income documentation (your two most recent IRS 1040 forms and pay stubs).
- Submit the application online and then deliver (by hand, mail, or email) copies of requested documents to the LJCC (to the attention of Human Resources; email address is firstname.lastname@example.org). We can even make copies for you in our office. We will be unable to process your application without income documentation.
- The LJCC’s Financial Assistance Committee will review your application.
Application information will remain confidential.
- All prior and current membership accounts must be in good standing.
- You must be an active member or have completed a membership application.
- Applicants are expected to pay a portion of the membership or program fee.
- Please allow up to 30 days for your application to be processed.
- All applicants will be notified via email regarding their financial assistance status.
- The LJCC will accept payment for memberships using one of the following methods:
- Monthly bank draft plan (EFT)
- American Express/Discover/MasterCard/Visa (to which we will add a 2.5 percent surcharge)
- Annual payment in full
Camp LJCC & Cohn ECLC
- Camp scholarship requests and camp forms are due by March 1.
- Cohn ECLC scholarship requests must be submitted by June 15 for the upcoming school year. Applications received after this date will be reviewed within 30 days of receipt and assistance will be awarded based on remaining scholarship funds.
Upon receiving a reduction in fees you must inform the LJCC in writing of any changes in information supplied in this application (regarding income, address, living arrangements, employment, marital status, or other matters that might affect your eligibility for financial assistance). Failure to inform the LJCC promptly of such changes may result in immediate revocation of membership and program privileges. Similarly, failure to comply with your reduction in fee payment arrangements could result in being disqualified from receiving financial assistance in the future.