Being part of the JCC Summer Day Camp staff is a unique and rewarding experience. Teachers, college students, and high school students all have a place on our staff. Camp staff members and CITs report directly to the Camp Director. Salary is based on experience and seniority.
- Develop and implement daily camp activities
- Responsibility for knowing and tending to each camper’s special needs
- Engaging in specialist activities, actively participate in free swim sessions, and aid lifeguards to ensure pool safety
- Ability to ensure safety at all times
- Maintenance of accurate attendance logs, etc.
- Ability to set a positive example for peers and younger staff members
Counselor In Training (CIT) Responsibilities
- Work with Senior Counselor to implement activities for campers.
- Assist Camp Director by taking on camp chores including but not limited to lunch and afternoon snack.
- Assist counselors and specialists control camper groups.
- Work one-on-one with campers who need extra attention from time to time.
Think you have what it takes?
If you would like to be considered for a position as a counselor or specialist, please complete the Counselor Application and provide no less than 2 reference forms