Soon to launch its 70th season, Camp LJCC has long set the standard for Birmingham summers. The program, open to children entering kindergarten through 8th grade, includes everything from swimming and science experiments to baking and dancing, so your child is sure to have a good time.
We’ve come up with a list of reasons that we think make Camp LJCC super-duper special:
- Structure! Camp LJCC participants are always doing and learning through a Jewish lens — not much boredom going on here.
- Scholarships: Families who find the full cost of Camp LJCC out of reach can apply for assistance from our scholarship fund.
- A ratio of 5–7 students for each counselor ensures that your kids get the attention they need.
- Goat yoga. ‘Nuff said.
- Indoor and outdoor swimming pools… which include the most ginormous inflatables you’ve ever seen.
- Before and after care for parental convenience.
- We embrace diversity! Jewish camp culture emphasizes lomed m’kol adam, or learning from everyone. At Camp LJCC we believe that every person has something to learn and something to teach.
- Special guests who make presentations on a range of topics — from science and nature to gardening to cooking.
- Camp weeks are a la carte so you can sign up for just one or two, the entire summer, or whatever combo you want.
- BONUS: We’ll be so very excited to have you with us this summer!